Located at 55 degrees’ latitude south, Ushuaia is a port situated at the southernmost tip of Argentina. Nature is the principal attraction, with fascinating experiences such as trekking, fishing, horseback riding, wildlife spotting, and sailing among the most rewarding activities, especially in the Tierra del Fuego National Park. Marvel at the Beagle Channel and experience the ‘end of the world’ with our special journey.
- Home to 57,000 residents, Ushuaia, Argentina is the southernmost city in the world
- Despite its unique geographical positioning, Ushuaia is not subjected to extreme weather conditions
- It is the portal to Antarctica and the easiest way to reach this‘continent’
- Ushuaia trees grow in the same direction as the wind and are called ‘flag-trees’
Do not miss:
- A tour to Lake Escondido and Lake Fagnano from Ushuaia
TO FALL IN
Countless are the reasons, though among our favorites are:
- Ushuaia is a young city
- The sky changes colors and forms continuously -You can get up close with incredible wildlife
- Accessing money is easy, there are ATM's and banks in town
- Relax and spend an afternoon just sitting on the harbor, watching the mountains, ships and wonderful nature
A Must-do activity is to visit crystal clear ‘Escondido and Fagnano Lakes’ that are located in the heart of Tierra del Fuego island.
From December to March, the average high temperatures range from 54.3 to 59°F, low temperatures range from 38.3 to 42.3°F and precipitations ranges from 1.2 to 1.98 inches (30 to 47mm) each month December: Sunrise 4:50 Sunset 22:10